Sunday 1 February 2015

My Life Is Someone’s Idea of an awful Joke



“You’ve got to be KIDDING me.” Marie said, barely able to contain her giggles.

“I don’t know what you did in a past life but it must have been BAD.” Will agreed.

“Guys.” Nick warned, he looked very concerned at this recent change of events. Probably because he realised if I had to hear his ex-girlfriend complain anymore about this assignment we would never 
have sex again.

I had assumed it might be all be smooth sailing, she was surprisingly easy when we diving it all up. But since then she had somehow got my mobile number and hadn’t stop texting, facebooking and asking me questions at school. She had an ulterior motive, the assignment wasn’t that hard and she was still being quiet pleasant but something wasn’t quite right.

The other two took that as their cue to leave, Nick and I were sitting in the library, both trying to do our respective assignments. I took this as the opportunity to bring up something that had been bothering me for a while.

“You know we both have the rest of the day free, we could go back to my house and get a little weird.” Nick whispered into my ear biting it gently, it was tempting to take him up on his offer and forget about what I was about to ask him.

“What did you ever see in Millie?” I asked changing the subject rather dramatically.
Nick looked shocked, “Ummm do you really want to talk about this?” He asked rubbing the back of his neck in nervous habit.

“Yes.” I said seriously.

“Ah well I thought she was pretty gorgeous, she was smart, funny but that was before it all went down…”

I looked down at my books, trying to regain composure, I suppose I shouldn’t have ask for answers I wasn’t ready to hear.

“Hey.” Nick said putting a finger under my chin to drag my tear filled eyes to meet his.

“I’m sorry.” He said.

“No, no. Please don’t apologise, I wanted to know. I…I don’t know why I wanted to know to be honest.” I said snuffling.

“Anna, as gorgeous and smart and funny as I thought she was, you surpass what I ever felt for her times 1000.” He said.

“Yes, but you didn’t see me for so long Nick. I was right here desperately pining for you, like an idiot, and you were seeing her. I am sorry but she is the she devil.” I said trying to keep my voice low but failing miserably, tears that were threating to spill over began to.

“I think about it every day Anna. I think about the fact we could have been together ages ago…but I keep coming back to the same thing. I do not regret anything that has happened, sure I would have preferred if certain things with Millie didn’t happen, but Anna I am so in love with you. You are so much more then I could have ever imagined for myself…but I may not have appreciated how fantastic you are and how lucky am that you are you, and that you slum around with a guy like me.” 

He finished his little speech and I just wrapped my arms around him and I buried my face into his neck and he just held me.

“I am very lucky too you big softie.” I said pulling back and kissing him gently.

“Lets go.” He said pulling me up from the table. 

1 comment:

  1. Can I ask how old you are, dear author?

    ReplyDelete