Friday 30 January 2015

Who Did I Piss Off To Deserve This?



Will, Marie, Nick and I were sitting in the cafeteria trying to work out our plans for the weekend.
“Why don’t we go to the beach?” I suggested excitedly, nudging Nick, I knew his aunty had a beach house she rarely used.

“Yes!” Nick agreed excitedly, “I think mums over the whole sex thing she will probably let us go.”

“Hey.” I said shouldering him, even though we had both obviously spoken to Marie and Will about us having sex it didn’t need to be spoken about at lunch.
He held his hands up in defeat, giving me his goofy, playful smile before planting a kiss right on my lips.

“Ew, you guys are being extra coupley today.” Marie said looking at us a little disgustedly.

“Sorry.” I said smiling and holding Nick’s hand underneath the table.

“Beach weekend sounds delightful!” Will said mimicking something I’d say. I shot him a look.

“So we are going to have a fabulous weekend just the four of us?” Marie asked.

“Yes!” I said punching in the air excitedly. “Now you my charming boyfriend go beg your parents 
and offer them whatever you have to.”

“Yes ma’am.” He said saluting me and heading in the direction of the car park, the lucky bugger did not have any classes this afternoon.

The rest of us went our separate ways. I sat through my afternoon classes, dreamily looking out the window when suddenly I was snapped back into consciousness, “So that leaves Millie and Anna together.”

“Excuse me?” I said practically breaking my neck I turned so fast.

“No. No way in HELL.” Millie practically yelled, something we could agree on.

“No choice unfortunately.” Mr. Donnelly said, I think he exists purely to torture his students.

“Sir we can’t work together.” I said seriously, everyone in the class was watching me and Millie face off.

“I WILL NOT work with her.” Millie said with a sour look on face.

“Well then you WILL fail.” Mr. Donnelly said, which would have been quiet funny had it not been 
directed at us.

After class I stayed behind to talk some sense into my teacher, Millie had beaten me to it.

“Why is it so detrimental to both of you that you don’t work together on this project?” He asked us.

“She fucked my boyfriend.” Millie pointed in my direction.

“I am not Millie…we are in a relationship....” I explained to Mr. Donnelly's raised eyebrows .

“Screw you.” Millie said.

“Fuck off Millie.” I retorted maturely. 

“STOP. Unless you guys get out of my sight in the next 2 seconds I will be sending you to the principal’s office. I suggest you figure a way to work it out.” Mr. Donnelly said walking straight out the classroom door.

Millie and I were both silent for a few seconds, “Look maybe we should just divide it up, and we can meet next week and combine both of our parts. That way it’s done early and we don’t have to worry about it.” I said trying to keep the bite out of my voice.

“Ok fine, what parts do you want to do?” She said, pulling the assignment sheet out.

It was surprisingly easy to divide up the assignment, and we agreed next Wednesday we were going to combine them. The assignment was due the following Monday so it would be ready in lots of time. 

I am a little nervous at our easy it seems to be going, but we shall see how Wednesday goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment