Thursday 25 September 2014

The Red Dress



As I thought Marie and I raided her mums cupboard, I found a lovely red dress, it was nothing like I’d normally wear but this was beautiful. It has t-shirt length shoulders and it was backless, I was hoping to get a little bit of attention tonight. Marie went for a black dress, it was spaghetti strapped and short, tight around the bust and it flowed down to her just above her knees. Black was a brave colour for Marie, she has beautiful red hair, cut in a short bob and lovely milky skin. My hair was a light brown and was just passed my bust; I was a little bit tanner then Marie but not much.

“I hope tonight’s good.” Marie said slurping the last bit of the wine from the bottle.

“I think it will be, everyone’s going.” I said reapplying my smudged lippy.

“Hmm are you going to be ok, you know with Nick and Millie most likely all over each other tonight.” Marie asked.

“Of course, why wouldn’t I be?”  I asked trying to avoid too much questioning.

“Let’s stop avoiding the obvious.” She said.

I hesitated, but if I was going to tell the truth it might as well be now, in the morning I could blame it on the one and a half bottles of white wine I consumed before arriving to the party.

“Yes, I have some feeling for him, but I’m not planning ANYTHING about it. I will not be losing Nick as a friend for the possibility of something more.”

“I will drop it for now, but I honestly don’t think this will be the last you hear of it.” She said mysteriously.

“ANNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, Nick’s here!” My dad shouted from downstairs.

We hurriedly hide the wine bottles and ran downstairs.

“Thanks dad, see you later.” I bellowed from the front door.

“Call me if you are staying out too late.” My dad called back.


“Hey, hey! You look beautiful.” Nick said with a quick embrace, as he was opening the door for me, Marie jumped into the front seat.

“Thank you, thank you,” I said as I slid into the back of his car where Will was waiting in the driver’s seat, “What’s going on why are you here?”

“Ah I’m just gonna meet Millie at the party...” He said mysteriously.

We drove for about 20 minutes before we got to Millie’s, and slowly despite not having a drink for over half an hour was getting woozier by the second.

“Nick...is everything ok with you and Millie?” I asked quietly while we were sitting in the back seat.

“Uh yeah, I guess. It’s weird lately I don’t know.” He answered.

“Hit me with it...come on, no secrets.” I replied.

“It’s nothing really, I’m not feeling quiet the same about Millie anymore. It’s just different lately.”

“Any reason why? I mean you guys haven’t been official long, and she seems pretty nice.”

“Can we leave it Anna? I don’t know why, I’m just not feeling the same about her anymore and I don’t think she’s feeling it either.” He said shortly, effectively shutting me the hell up.

 We pulled up in the driveway and suddenly someone was tugging me out of the car.

“Hi you gorgeous woman you, seriously when did that bod’ get so damn sexy.” Billy said embracing me for a hug. Billy family is one of the big 6 in our town, big 6 being the farm owners, so Nick and I practically grew up with him.

“Oh stop it, you know I’ve been trying to get my lard ass skinny for ages.” I joked.

“Well missy you better save me a dance tonight. I have to say I danced with the hottest girl here...” 
He smiled, I studied his face, although his smile didn’t quiet fill me up the way Nick’s did, it was still lovely. And if Nick didn’t want me, it was definitely time to move on.

“I certainly will.” I said as he put his arm around my waist and pulled me inside.

I only just heard Nick in the background, “I guess his chosen his meat for the night.”

“Jealous Nicky boy?” Will asked before their conversation was drowned out from the party noises.

No comments:

Post a Comment