Monday 8 December 2014

Everyone Except Me

*Sorry its up a few hours late :)


Nick and I rode home in silence, we had one of the most awkward conversations with his mum that either of us have ever had to endure.

Just before we pulled into my driveway Nick stopped up on the road a little bit.

“If we don’t talk about this now Anna, I know you are just going to shut off.” He said, his body was directed to me but his eyes were travelling the length of my body. I took a big breath in and turned to face him.

“Nick your mum literally just showed us how to put a condom on using a banana, gave us brochure after brochure on birth control and all but booked me an appointment for the doctor in morning.” I said, thinking to myself that this information probably could have been put to better use with Nick and Millie about 6 months prior.

“I know, it was…” He didn’t have a clue what to say. I met his eyes and bit my lip, a small smile danced across my lips which he noticed.

“Anna Banana, are you about to laugh?” He said amusement registering in his eyes. The next second we both burst out laughing and we couldn’t stop. We were laughing until tears ran down our cheeks and we couldn’t breathe.

Once we finally caught our breath and regain our composure, I reached up and touched my hand to his cheek. I pulled him down to meet my lips, he kissed me gently at first and our bodies reacted fast, it was like we were on fast forward to the moment we were interrupted just an hour earlier. Nicks hand reached under my shirt, this time just going straight for a grab, his patience had obviously worn thin. My phone started ringing loudly and was like we both came crashing back to reality and realised what we were doing and where, we both pulled back and I ignored the call while we tried to catch our breath. It was my dad calling,

“God you’re driving me crazy.” Nick said running his fingers through his hair, I offered his a small smile while I worked on readjusting my clothes. Just then my phone started ringing again, this time I answered.

“Hi Dad.” I said trying to sound calm.

“WHERE ARE YOU?” He shouted through the phone. “YOU TOLD ME YOU WERE STAYING AT MARIE'S TO WORK ON AN ASSIGNMENT AND I GET A CALL FROM LILIAN TELLING ME THAT SHE JUST WALKED IN ON YOU AND NICK.” My eyes were wide, and so were Nicks - he had heard the yelling through the phone, we never thought Lilian would EVER tell me dad about this.

“Dad I am two minutes away, I promise. Can we talk about this when I get home?” I said trying to sound calm, but feeling anything but.

“FINE.” He said hanging up.

“Nick. He is going to kill us.” I said dramatically, while he flew the car into drive and started towards my house, at the same time he was calling Lilian for an explanation. Not that it mattered, I was dead.

“Anna, I am so sorry.” Nick said while breaking many traffic rules getting me home.

I was breathing heavily only this time was pure fear. Nicks left leg was bouncing up and down. I put my hand on it to calm him.

“Should I come inside with you?” He asked. It was a sweet gesture but a terrible idea.

“No. I think no.” Turns out he didn’t have to fret Dad was pacing out the front of the house waiting for us. I squeezed Nicks hand when I got out of the car, and Dad gave him the biggest death stare ever, Nick just did an awkward half smile in response.

“Get inside.” He said to me. I walked into the kitchen, placing my bag on the table waiting to hear the wrath dad was going to lay on me. Instead he simply opened my bag and took my phone out and started walking to his bedroom.

“Dad...” I started, but he turned around quickly.

“No phone, no internet, no car privileges and no after school visits with your friends.” He said so sternly I didn’t dare question him.  I followed him and marched to my room, slamming the door slightly louder than necessary.

I knew he’d be pissed off, Dads don’t like hearing about their little girls sex life (or lack thereof in my case) but what he didn’t realise was that I was practically a saint. I am falling in love with a guy who treats me like a princess, I have been with him longer than a week and has been around since forever. Everyone I knew was having sex. Everyone except me.

No comments:

Post a Comment