Monday 15 December 2014

It May Have Been Oscar Worthy



I kept my phone turned off all weekend, I could decide what to say to Nick, so I thought it would be best if I just stayed off the grid for a couple more days. 

I rolled up to school in my car and felt pretty damn awesome. I loved having my independence back, 
now it was time to face my friends.

Nick was sitting on the chair outside the school waiting for me. I walked across the car park towards him, he saw me and his eyes lit up. “You have your car?” He said shouting across the students in between us. I reached into my handbag and pulled out my phone and waved it at him.

“AND A PHONE!” he bellowed louder than necessary.  I just smiled at him, and wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a kiss. We walked to the side of the entrance of the school, so we could catch up.

“When did you get all this back?” He said smiling.

“Late last night!” I lied, I didn’t want him knowing I did not contact him the whole weekend.

 “You could have called me straight away…” He said meeting my eyes.

“Now I’ll be calling you all the time.” I said smiling.

“Anna, can we talk about Friday?” He asked, looking a bit serious.

“What is there to say Nick?” I said dropping my arms down my side quickly.

“So you are mad?” He asked searching my face.

“I’m just confused. I don’t know why you didn’t tell me.” I said.

“I told you I got the text after school?” He said softly.

I couldn’t help it, my eyes involuntarily rolled, “Anna, I promise you.” Nick responded quickly.

I looked up, meeting his eyes, they were wide with fear. I suddenly looked at him, really looked at him, remembering how that Nick is my friend first. He would never do anything to intentionally hurt me, I truly believe that, in that moment all my anger floated away and I really wanted was a cuddle that never ended.

I smiled up at him, and wrapping my arms around him tight and burying my face into his chest. Nick kissed the top of my head, and after a couple of minutes gently untangling himself from my grasp.

“We better go to class, beautiful.” He said wrapping his arm around my side leading the way.

By lunchtime I was ecstatic with my new found freedom, being at home so much in the last few weeks meant I was ahead in almost all of my classes.

We all sat at our usual lunch table, and even though we had done for the few weeks, I was in such a good mood.

“What can we do tonight?” I asked Will, Marie and Nick.

“Anna its Monday, and we live in Eden.” Marie said, immediately uninterested in my plan to make a plan.

“Movies?” I looked hopefully towards Nick and Will.

“We have to do that essay.” Will said motioning towards Nick. I looked wide eyed at Nick, waiting to see if he would take pity on me.

“Well we will have to go to the later session, I have a few bits to fix up on the essay too.” He smiled.

“Yay. Thank you baby.” I said giving his a quick peck.

Nick walked me to my car after lunch, I had a free afternoon so decided to go home early.

“So are we just going to meet at the movies?” I asked him, gripping his school shirt.

He smiled and scratched the back of his neck, “I don’t know. Is that ok? I can come and get you if you like.” He had a nervous smile tracing his lips.

“I think it would probably be best if we just met there. I was only given a break from dad.” I said.

“Mum and I had a talk, she agrees she may not have gone about it the right way, she said she didn’t really think about it until after. Still things that she made the right decision though. ” He said, leaning against my car.

“What’s done is done, it doesn’t matter now. I think we are just going to have to be prepared to never have a second alone again.” I said giggling.

“Don’t remind me.” He said, pulling me in and kissing the top of my hair.

“Maybe you should come over for dinner tomorrow. It’ll show maturity.” I said, not sure if I may be pushing it too far too soon.

“I think that is a good idea...” He said, mustering up genuine enthusiasm for my offer.

“Ok, so I’ll see you at the movies at like 8pm?” I said opening my car door and sliding in.

“Sounds perfecto.” He said stepping away from the car to let me go.

Nick and I are actually had a really good night at the movie, we had the cinema all to ourselves, so we just talked a lot and made out a little. I couldn’t tell you if I actually had I liked the movie, because we barely watched a minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment