Tuesday 11 November 2014

Figuring Things Out



Nick and I woke up about 8:30am, I didn’t want to be the first one to move but I didn’t have to worry about that. Nick got up fairly quickly and went straight into the shower, I don’t know I guess he wanted to start the day off early.

Marie came bounding into the room around 9, I was still half a sleep.  

“How did you sleep?” She asked jumping on the bed.

“Yeah pretty good, you?” I asked.

“Yeah brilliant the bed is so comfortable.” She replied. “Did anything happened between you and Nick last night?”

“Marie! We slept!” I said dramatically.

“Hmmm…” She said quizzically.

“I think we should have a girlie day today.” I said trying to change the subject.

“YES! What about the Hollywood Costume Museum?” Marie suggested excitedly.

“Yep! That’s an awesome idea, let’s go!” I said, we both excitedly started jumping up and down on 
the bed laughing hysterically.

“What are you two so excited about?” Will asked.

“We were thinking of going to the Hollywood Costume Museum.” I said sitting down on the bed.

“Well Nick and I were thinking of going to a footy game, so that works perfectly.” Will explained.

“Excellent.” Marie said.

“What’s excellent?” Nick asked coming into the room with just his jeans on, his chest area was 
beautifully bare.

“They girls are thinking of going to some costume museum and I said we were thinking of going to the football, so we can just meet up for dinner I guess?” Will said.

“I am so excited! You boys will be missing out on some amazing outfits.” I said, grabbing a towel and running into the bathroom for a shower.

“Hurry up, I want to go for breakfast…” Nick called out after me.

We decided on this little café just down the street from Will’s apartment. It was this beautiful hole in the wall. I got pancakes with maple syrup, Marie and Nick got eggs benedict and Will got French toast. It was absolutely beautiful, breakfast is by far the best people to go out for.

“This is so yummy.” I said excitedly.

“We can tell you’ve got icing sugar all over your face.” Nick said laughing and reaching to my cheek to wipe of the dust of my face, he was looking straight in my eyes it felt like a very intimate moment. 
I think Will and Marie sensed it to, because for a second they didn’t know where to look.

“Thank you.” I smiled.

“Ok well Marie, should we go?” I said.

“Yep, bye boys.” She smiled.

“Will see you later.” I said.

The costume museum was amazing, the Audrey Hepburn black dress was my personal favourite, and Marie loved the Marilyn Monroe dress. We had such a great day, we went for lunch and ate more than I thought possible. It was great! The boy’s day however was less impressive, their team lost so they weren’t in the best of moods when we met up with them at the apartment.

“Hello!” I bellowed through the front door.

“Hey.” Nick replied, he was lying on the couch re-watching the highlights from the football game 
they just lost.

Will was sitting on his own, his back to the TV doing a puzzle.

“Guys…what’s going on? Why are you so miserable?” Marie asked.

“The Swans lost.” Will answered shortly.

“Sore loser’s boys?” I asked walking over to the couch, Nick just shook his head at me and moved his feet so I could sit down.

“What do you want to do tonight?” He asked me gently grazing his hand against mine gently.

“Well I definitely want to eat somewhere good and I don’t know, should we go to a bar?” I said, we 
got these fake ID’s like three months ago and we were all nearly 18, so now was a good a time as any time to use them.

“Yeah sounds good, should we just go to dinner me and you, we can meet the others after?” He asked smiling shyly.

“I think that sounds nice.” I said.

I pulled Marie aside, “So I think that Nick and I might go to dinner alone, do you mind?” I asked in hush tones.

“REALLY? No that’s fine, what’s going on with you two?” She asked loudly.

“I don’t know…We are…God I don’t know. We are just playing it by ear.” I sort of explained.

“Well that’s great! I’m glad you two are slowly getting your shit together.” She smiled.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what happens at dinner! Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete