Wednesday 19 November 2014

Sunday Funday



I woke up about 8:30, Nick and I had moved into a spooning position again, I could definitely get used to this. I went straight into the other room to check on the drunkards. They were still out like a light. Nick and I decided to let them sleep in a bit before we went home, we got dressed and went down to the same café for breakfast. I got French toast and Nick got pancakes, YUM!

“Do you want to come over for dinner tonight?” Nick asked. “Mum’s been nagging me to get you over to the house.”

“Can we do it during the week? I’m trying to make Sunday’s a family dinner.” I smiled slightly embarrassed.

“Of course during the week is fine, that’s really cool Anna Banana, your mum would be proud.” He said, I just smiled in response.

“Why don’t you come over?”

“Are you sure? I don’t mind if it’s just a family thing.” He asked. I just shook my head in response.

We finished our meals in comfortable silence.

“Should we go check on the other two?” Nick asked.

“We should.” I agreed, we paid for our meals and started walking back to the apartment.

Nick and I awkwardly banged hands a few times, before he just said “Bugger it.” And grabbed my hand to hold it.

“I think we are doing fairly well, considering.” I said laughing, he understood I was talking about our transition from friends to whatever the hell we are.

“Me too.” He smiled at me.

“Hurry up.” I said gripping his hand and running in the direction of the apartment. He just laughed and kept up.

We walked into the apartment and found Marie lying on the couch with a cold compress on her head.

“How you feeling?” I said a little too loudly.

“Like I’m about to die.” She replied dramatically.

“Where’s Will?” Nick said with a smug smile.

“I think he was trying to shower?” Marie answered.

“I’ll go.” I said smiling at Nick, he smiled at my gratefully.

“Will?” I questioned, knocking on the door, before I heard a faint groan.

“Ok I’m coming in.” I replied.

He was lying on the tiles and had a towel draped over his lower half.

“Anna, I swear…I am never drinking again.” He replied dramatically.

“You two do have a flare for the drama today.” I smiled.

“Anna. Help me.” He practically begged.

“Come on. Get up.” I said helping him up while ensuring I did not see more of his anatomy then I had to.

I dragged him to the couch and got two boroccas for their sorry asses and turned on the air conditioner.

Nick packed everyone’s stuff while I ran around getting everything they asked for. We watched a movie and when they both felt well enough we all piled into the car for the drive home. They slept silently in the back of the car while Nick drove home and I sat in the passenger seat.

Nick even relented and I got to play three Spice Girl songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment