Wednesday 7 January 2015

Anger Swells In My Gut



***Sorry blame holiday brain cant believe I uploaded the same post twice!! :) Check back tomorrow for a new post! xo

I received a text from Nick very early Saturday morning, ‘Did Billy give you a lift home last night?’

‘Yes.’ I replied.

Nice Anna.’ His reply came quickly.

‘How else did you expect me to go home?’ I quipped, I knew I was being super immature but I didn’t 
care.

You could have come with us.’

Oh yes. Millie and I in the same car. Fantastic idea Nick. I don’t think you realise how hurt and embarrassed I am about last night. You had a choice last night Nick, and you chose Millie in front of everybody.’ I replied.

Nick tried to call me after that message, I hit ignore and got out of bed into the shower. Marie and I were meeting at the lake this morning, we were hoping to get a couple of more lake days before it got to cold.

I drove straight to Maries when I was ready, I waited in her driveway for her to get her butt into gear.

“How you feeling this morning?” Marie asked me.

“I’m so angry Marie. So much angrier than last night.” I said I was driving to Will’s house.

“I know. I understand completely, you have every right to be angry.” Marie said.

“He found out Billy gave us a lift home last night, and he tried to throw it in my face. Like he 
dropped me off first.” I practically shouted.

“You can imagine what he thought though.” Marie said.

“Can you imagine what I think happened between them? My thoughts are going crazy. Like did he take her inside her house and talk with her for another hour, or did she sleep at his? Did they cuddle? 

 Did he whispers in her ear that it was all going to be ok like he does to me when I’m upset?” I finished finally taking a breath.

“I didn’t even think of it like that.” Marie said softly.

Suddenly I burst in to tears, my emotions combined with my hangover finally spilled over.

“Anna.” Marie soothed.

“I can’t keep going on like this.” I said through tears.

I pulled into Wills driveway and immediately saw that Nick’s car was in the driveway.

I sighed and tried to fix my face so it wasn’t obvious I just had a complete mental breakdown.

Nick and Will walked out the front of the house with towels and boogie boards, “Anna, if you want we can ditch the boys. I’ll make up and excuse just say the word.” Marie said.

“It’s fine.” I smiled at her.

They climbed into the back seat and no-one said anything.

“Good morning everyone.” Will said.

“Hey Will.” I smiled, and I threw the car in drive and off we went to the lake.

The tension was palpable in the car, I was getting angrier and angrier by the minute. The drive to the lake was only about 10 minutes which was good.

I pulled into the car park and we all piled out of the car.

“Anna.” Nick said grabbing my arm.

I turned around and snatched my arm back quickly, while the other two kept on walking.

“Yes.” I replied rather coldly.

“I shouldn’t have taken Millie home last night.” He said.

“No shit. Of course you shouldn’t have.” I said, I was at boiling point.

“Anna please. I don’t know how to stop feeling so guilty for what happened.” Nick said.

“Well you need to figure it out, I can’t play second best to your ex-girlfriend, and I understand you guys were in a shitty position, she made a decision she needs to start accepting it.” I said referring to the abortion.

“I know, I agree.” He said looking down at the ground.

“What happened last night? She didn’t stay at yours did she?” I asked.

“No of course not. I went to her house dropped her off and her brother gave me a lift home.” He 
explained.

“Good…I think you need to talk to Millie about it all. If we have a repeat of yesterday…we are…its not going to work.” I said looking down.

“I’ll talk to her, I promise you.” Nick said taking a step forward and tucking a strand of my hair behind my hair.

“Do you want to ask me about Billy?” I said looking up at him.

“I know nothing happened Anna banana.” He said pulling me in for a hug and giving me a quick kiss on the forehead. “But that doesn’t mean I have to like the guy.”


1 comment: