Monday 12 January 2015

Secret Squirrel Business



Nick and I decided to make a nice breakfast, I was in charge of the toast and scrambled eggs, and 

Nick took control of the bacon and tomatoes.

“How are you feeling?” Nick asked me, when we were making breakfast.

“Yeah I am good.” I said leaning into his chest and he kissed my forehead.

“I’m not ready to not be alone with you though.” I said smiling up to him.

“I know, my parents will probably go away soon or maybe we can go away to the beach in a couple of weeks after exams.” He suggested.

“Yeah that would be nice.” I said turning around and dishing up the eggs.

“Anna are you sure you are ok?” Nick asked me, scratching the back of his neck.

“Nick…I am fine. It was perfect.” I said honestly, he smiled in response.

“I love you, you know.” He said, it was the first time either one of us had said it, I was definitely feeling it but I hadn’t quiet worked up the courage to say it to him yet.

I took a step closer to him, I was a little bit surprised I suppose I shouldn’t have been, I had known for a long time that I was in love with him too. Looking at him now there was no doubt in my mind, he had a small blush on his cheeks, and he was alternating between looking in my eyes and to the floor. I reached up and put my hand on his cheek.

“I love you too Nick.” I said smiling at him and pulling his face gently towards mine and we kissed. Goodness me this was a big day in our relationship.

Nick and I turned our attention back to breakfast and before too long Will and Marie arrived so we could all drive to school together.

“Hello.” Marie called from the front door.

“We are in the kitchen.” I called out, I got two extra plates and scraped together some left overs for the both of them.

“Ooo yum.” Will said gratefully taking the plate that I held out for him.

He took a seat at the table next to Nick, “How’d you sleep Nicky boy?”

“Yeah man, pretty good.” He replied, they spoke easily while I got Marie’s plate of food ready and we sat down opposite the boys, I caught Nick’s eyes a few times and we both smiled at each other constantly. It was nice having a secret no-one else knew, even if it was just for little while.

Nick and Will cleaned up while I finished getting ready for school, Marie just watched me adding a few curls to my hair to finish off the messy look.

“What’s going on with you and Nick?” Marie asked looking up from a magazine she was reading.

“Whatever do you mean Marie?” I said sucking my cheeks in and adding a bit more blush.

“Something is going on with you two. You guys are acting a bit different.” She said watching me closely for reaction.

“Nothing’s going on.” I said. Marie opened her mouth to say something back to me but Will interrupted.

“HURRY UP GUYS, WE ARE GOING TO BE LATE.” Will called out from the front door.

“Ok we are coming.” I called out after them.

No comments:

Post a Comment