Monday 26 January 2015

Those First World Problems


*Post up a bit early today. Its Australia Day here today, so I plan to spend the day drinking cider and listening to the Hottest 100, anyone else have plans to celebrate? :)  Happy Australia Day!

“Hello you.” Nick called the morning after our wine extravaganza. 

I moaned in response, I had a terrible wine headache, I looked over at the other two and they were still sleeping soundly.

“Rough night?” He laughed quietly into the phone.

“We drank wine.” I replied.

“Ah baby you know that gives you a headache.” He said sympathetically.

“I know, but it’s so yummy and we own a winery so I can’t be a picky.” I said.

“SHUT UP.” Marie called from the other side of the bed.

“Hi Marie.” Nick said through the phone, I passed on the message before climbing out of bed and walking very slowly to the bathroom.

“What did you get up to last night?” I asked him sitting on the closed lid of the toilet.

“Not a lot, the guys came over and we played FIFA on the XBOX.” He said casually, like it wasn’t exactly what he’d been begging me to do for weeks.

“That sounds nice.” I replied, I could no longer make meaningless chit chat.

“If you bring over a greasy breakfast I will make it worth your while.” I attempted to bribe him.

Nick chuckled into the phone, “That sounds like an offer I can’t refuse.”

“Thank you babe.” I said, Nick promised me he would be here within half an hour, I got off the phone and straight in the shower and brushed my teeth, by the time I got out I felt like a new person.

“Morning.” I said to the other two who were still in bed and scrolling through their phones.

The other two grunted in response.

“The boys are bring over breakfast.” I said, hoping to get something more than grunts out of them.

“Thank god.” Marie said smiling at me before going into the bathroom.

“Nick is very good to you.” Ellie said smiling at me.

“I know, I am very lucky.” I said.

“So is he though Miss Anna.” She said smiling.

“Annnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.” George called from downstairs. “NICK IS HERE.”

We all bounded down the stairs, Nick and Will over did it with the food, they went to the local café that does perfect hashbrowns, pancakes, eggs, fried tomatoes and bacon.

The boys did good.

The girls greeted Will and Nick with big smiles before practically running to the kitchen to score a seat.

“Hello William.” I said.

“Anna.” He smiled, he seemed a little sad, I’d have to talk to him later.

“Hello.” I said, walking over to Nick and planting a big kiss on his lips.

“Hello.” He replied holding the food just out of my reach. George just walked by and snatched it out of his hands.

“Ha.” I said giving him a dirty look and following the man with the food.

I grabbed the plates and cutlery out of the draw, along with the orange juice, it’s just what we needed.

Dad ended up joining us too, lucky there was plenty of food. We all had a great breakfast and then the gang and I decided to watch a movie

I have the best boyfriend and friends in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment