Monday 6 October 2014

Date Night Part 2

*I am so sorry I thought this post was up on Monday, I scheduled it, obviously I didn't do it properly! My whole family and I are together and I scheduled posts so I didn't have to worry about the blog! Wednesday post will come tomorrow, I am sorry!


Hmm the night was interesting to say the least. 

We got into the car and to the cinema without any major problems. Billy paid for my ticket and we ordered a ridiculously large amount of popcorn.

The cinema in town is a gorgeous old brick building, inside its small and there are only two cinemas that run at a time, usually one is a kids flick and the other is a huge blockbuster that is usually about three months late.

“Thank you.” I said when he handed my ticket to the latest romantic comedy that I had already illegally downloaded and started watching.

“My pleasure.” He said smiling at me.

“I’m really glad we decided to do this.” He said smiling down at me.

“Me too.” My heart picked up the pace when I realised that I was genuinely pretty happy.

“What are you guys doing here?” Marie yelled through the foyer it was then I noticed Nick and Will flanking her.

“Oh my god.” I muttered below my breath while giving each of them the stink eye.

“We are seeing a movie, we completely forgot you were coming here. What are the chances?” Will said in a voice that sounded like he was putting on an accent, one of his major lying tells.

“Well isn’t this nice.” Billy said sarcastically.

“I promise I had nothing to do with this.” I muttered to Billy, he just smiled at me, but a lot less genuinely then before.

“Sorry.” Marie mouthed at me while I dirty looked all three of them.

“Anyway now we’re all here, shall we go in?” Nick said, I took note that this was the first time he had spoken or even looked at me.

I linked arms with Billy and we walked to the movies.

“I am so sorry, I know how this looks I promise I did not invite them.” I said quietly into Billy’s ear.

“It’s fine.” It most definitely wasn’t fine.

I was sat smack bang in the middle of Billy and Maire, next to her was Will and Nick was on the end.

I pulled Marie in dramatically, “What were you thinking?!” I asked as quietly as I could muster.

“I’m sorry I am so sorry. Nick called Will freaking out about you and Billy being alone together. He practically forced us to come along.” She said matching my tone.

“I’ve heard good things about this movie.” I said aimed at Billy but Will chimed in, “Yeah apparently its really good.”

I gave him the dirtiest look I could muster.

I don’t know how we managed it, but it was the most awkward silence I have ever experienced. I couldn’t even attempt to rectify it as we were at the movies. I did attempt to hold Billy’s hand once and he held it for a second before dropping my hand.  Awkward. Awkward.

After the movie we all sat in silence for a solid 30 seconds, the only reason I had kept up with the plot was because I had already seen it.

“Great movie.” I said, it was met with moderate enthusiasm from the group.

“Shall we get going?” I said to Billy.

“Yeah.” He smiled at me, he seemed to have loosened up a bit.

“Ok well nice seeing you guys, I’ll see you at school tomorrow.” I said while pushing Billy out of the row of seats, just as we were about to get in the car I saw Nick jogging towards.

“Anna wait a second.” He called out. Billy scowled at him and got in the car.

“What Nick? Can’t this wait until tomorrow?” I said with my hand on the door.

“Just come here for a second? I don’t think you should be with Billy.” He said quietly pulling me away from the car.

“You don’t have the right to stay that to me.” I said exasperated.

“I know, things are messed things up between us but I am just looking out for you. We are friends Anna and I care about you.” He said.

“You have made it perfectly clear that we are friends Nick, just friends. But Billy is nice and I like him.” I said walking back towards the car and trying not give Nick a second look. I couldn’t take his sad puppy eyes.

“Full on night.” Billy said when we has been driving for in not all comfortable silence for a few minutes.

“I’m so sorry Billy. I feel awful.” I said.

“It’s fine Anna, it’s not your fault.” Billy said quiet unconvincingly.

“Do you want to maybe get some ice-cream before we get home?” I asked hopefully.

“Not tonight Anna, maybe another night.” He smiled, but it wasn’t reaching his eyes.
 Tension filled the air not for the first time tonight.

We pulled into my driveway after driving in silence.

“Well I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.” He smiled.

I somehow plucked up the courage to kiss him, fully aware that he might reject me. He did not. Instead we had a lovely kiss it wasn’t spine tingling but it was nice and I didn’t get rejected so that was a plus.

“That was…” Billy said taking a deep breath in.

“Yeah.” I smiled.

“So ok I…ahh… will see you at school tomorrow.” Billy smiled genuinely.

I walked inside and sat down with my dad and brothers.

“He didn’t try anything funny did he?” Dad asked.

“Nope.” I smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment