Saturday 25 October 2014

Hiding



*Short bonus post
 
The rest of the weekend was spent with Jimmy and Ed on the couch. Dad and George popped in every so often they didn’t have the lazy ability that the rest of us had. I made dinner for everyone on Sunday and it was really nice we all talked and ate together. Jimmy has even decided to stay in town a little bit longer, he is going to do his classes by distance. I think he and Ed might be a little worried about me or something but I’m beyond excited that we are all going to be together for a bit longer.
I didn’t speak to anyone over the weekend, except Billy and I texted back and forth a couple of times. 

We both apologised for everything, he even asked me out again but I don’t know what I’m going to do yet.

Wills parents have yet to discover the party, so he should be in the clear.

“Thanks for picking me up.” I said to Marie.

“No worries.” She smiled.

“How are you feeling today?” She asked.

“Yeah…ok.” I smiled.

“Have you spoken to Billy this weekend?”

“Nope…only a few texts…I…God Nick is confusing me so much.” I moaned.

“I know…it must be super confusing. Have you spoken to him?”

I simply shook my head.

We arrived to school just in time, we decided a quick coffee run was necessary for Mondayitis.

The first few periods of class went quickly and finally it was time for lunch.

Will, Marie and Nick were sitting at our usual table I made my way over there and I was stopped by Billy.

“You’re not going to sit with Nick are you?” Billy said, one of his eyes were black and he had a bruised cheek.

“I was going too.” I smiled.

“Do you forget what your friend did to me on Saturday?” He asked rather aggressively.

“I didn’t. I’m sorry Billy, I thought we were fine?” I asked genuinely surprised at his tone.

“If you expect us to work Anna you need to cut ties with him. You can’t let him make a fool of us and then hang out with him at lunchtime.” He said.

“Billy.” I said trying to reason with him.

“No Anna, you need to make a choice. Now.” He demanded.

So I placed my lunch tray on the closest table I could, grabbed off my apple and walked out.

I decided that sitting in the library was probably a good waste of time for lunch.

 Marie came to find me after she had eaten.

“Hiding out in the library?” Marie asked, sitting next to me on the bean bags in the ‘relax’ section of the library.

 I exhaled dramatically, “Billy said I need to choose between being with him or being friends with Nick.”

“That’s rough.” Marie said.

“I already know what I’m going to do. I can’t just not be friends with Nick anymore.” I sighed.

“Fair enough.” Marie said, she was not surprised in the slightest.

2 comments:

  1. Just read your whole blog, i love it! Its really relatable for me, im from rural ontario, canada and live on a dairy farm and date the farm boy neighbour lol except we dont pay people to work its all done by family, our second date ended with us teaching a baby goat to drink off its mom.. anyways i have a few questions, is her brother named james or jimmy? And im kinda confused by the three months earlier post

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a weird coincidence!! :) I am glad you're enjoying the blog. So its James but Jimmy is his nickname, that will most likely what I will call him throughout the blog. The first post is a look into the future and from the second post onwards we are now looking at how they got to that moment. :) Thank you! Enjoy the story, let me know if I can clear anything else up! :)

    ReplyDelete