Wednesday 15 October 2014

I Scream You Scream We All Scream For Icecream



“Hey.” Marie called out for me across the quad.

It was a Monday morning and it was a rough one. We had been given about a million assignments, all due in the same week. I decided we needed to look forward to something over the weekend. Then if we focused all week we could celebrate over the weekend. Of course this was the plan, what is likely to happen is that I would complain all week about said assignments, and the weekend would come I would celebrate the fact I have done nothing and then be stressed all next week while I tried to catch up. 

“Hey, what are we doing weekend, I think we need something to look forward to?” I asked, after our failed attempt last weekend we needed to do something fun.

“Will was talking about Melbourne this weekend but all of his family are going up.” Marie said sullenly.

“Ooo so William has a free house then.” I smiled, Marie seemed to read my mind.

“I didn’t even think about that.” Marie said excitedly, her mood changes quicker then I blink.

We practically ran over to Will’s table, “Will!” Marie and I said in unison.

Will look like we yanked him out of a day dream.

“Hi Nick.” I smiled at him, he and I haven’t talked in forever, and he just smiled at me.

“Will you have a free house this weekend and there hasn’t been a party in forever…” Marie prompted.

“That’s not a bad idea actually.” Will pondered.

“Will help clean the house and if he gets out of hand I will shut it down.” I said clapping happily like an excited seal.

“You’ll shut it down?” Nick laughed.

“What? You know I can be forceful if I want.” I laughed in outraged.

“I know that.” He said a little bit more seriously.

“Anyhoooo! What do you think Will?” Marie said wanting an answer and wanting it quick.

“Yeah I think it sounds good, let’s do it.” Will said with enthusiasm.

“Alright, well should we just spread it through word of mouth?” I asked.

“We have footy practice today, so we’ll just tell the guys then.” Will replied.

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” Nick asked.

“Why not?” I asked.

He huffed and said “No reason Anna.” Then he got up and walked away.

“Why is he acting like this?” I said frustrated.

Marie and Will avoided my eye, and I stalked off very unimpressed my good mood had been dampened.
 

Billy and I went and got ice-cream on Tuesday after school.

The ice-cream parlour in town is a beautiful old building. It has a classic feel and booths, old cars and checked tiles on the floor.

“I’m glad we are doing this again.” Billy said smiling.

“Yeah me too.” I smiled.

“So Will’s having a party on Saturday?” He asked.

“Yeah he sure is, it should be fun.” I smiled.

“Do you want to go together?” He asked.

I hesitated for a second, “…I have to help Will setup, I already promised but you could come and 
help if you like?” I smiled.

“Yeah that sounds like fun.” He answered. “So Nick hasn’t really spoken to me since the night at the movies.”

“Yeah Nick and I have a complicated relationship, we are just too close for our own good.” I said in way of a real explanation.

“Are you sure it’s not more than that Anna?” He asked.

“I am positive.” I smiled hoping that I had more conviction then I felt.

“Ok good.” He smiled.

“So pick me up at like 5 tomorrow?” I said.

“Yeah sounds good.” He replied.

We chatted easily about everything from family to school to future plans for the next hour. I studied Billy’s face and watched him talk animatedly about something. His features lit up, his blue eyes shone bright and his smile reached his eyes. He has such a beautiful olive complexion and a bright smile, the more time I spent with Billy the more I liked him.

“Oh wow it’s already 6pm, I have to get to practice. Do you need a lift home?” He asked already standing to leave.

“No, no it’s ok. My brother can pick me up.” I smiled.  

“Are you sure?” He asked.

I nodded and got my phone out to call James.

“Alright well I’ll see you soon.” He smiled, got up and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” I smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment