Friday 24 October 2014

Please Explain

*Bonus post will go up Saturday about 12pm Sydney Australia time. Just want to say how much I am loving the comments!! :) Thank you all! :)



Dad let me borrow the car, so I managed to get to Will’s at lunchtime to see if I could help with any of the painting.

“Hello.” I bellowed through the front door of his mansion and walked into the kitchen. His house was beautiful, white and rendered on the outside and a huge balcony wrapped around the second level. He had tall ceilings and it was fairly modern look. Our house by contrast had a wood exterior and exposed beams with high ceilings. We had a grand staircase, my mum designed the house it screamed her personality. Anyway enough about me!

 “Sorry I didn’t get here earlier, I meant too.” I said to Will.

Nick had gone back to bed and they finished the painting hours earlier.

“That’s fine you did plenty last night. Nick did most of it anyway.” Will winked in my direction.

“How you going today babe?” Marie walked into the kitchen and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

“Yeah ok, Will I am so sorry about last night. I didn’t want to ruin the night.” I felt terrible.

“Hey look, both Billy and Nick have apologised to me. It’s fine it wasn’t your fault. You expect these things when you have a party.” He said. “Don’t mention it again, or I’ll have to hit you.” He made a ridiculous face at me.

“Hey.” Nick said wandering into the room with his hands in is jeans looking down at his feet.

“Hi.” I replied.

“I have to go and check the pool house for … stuff. Marie?” Will said awkwardly and he and Marie practically ran outside.

“How are you feeling this morning? Show me your face.” I ordered, he still hadn’t looked up from the floor.

“Look at me.” I said again, he eventually looked at me with tears in his eyes which were black and blue.

“Nick.” I said and started walking towards him.

“Anna I am so sorry for last night. I acted like a complete dick.” He said, the tears still there but he wasn’t letting them spill over.

I stood right in front of him no more than half an arm length in front of him.

“What happened?” I asked, I couldn’t help it sympathy was flooding through me. Regardless of how 
angry I felt with him last night, I can’t stay mad at him when he looks so sad.

“God I don’t know Anna, seeing you with him…it made me so mad. I couldn’t help it, I shouldn’t 
have just walked in to that room either. I saw you going inside with him and I was trying to forget about it, but I couldn’t.” He said talking quietly, only because I was so close to him I could hear him.

“Nothing was happening. We were just making out.” I explained my cheeks were on fire with embarrassment, but it was important for me to tell him that nothing was going on.

“Hey, don’t you don’t need to explain it to me.” He said finally meeting my eyes for longer than 5 seconds.

“Look at your face. What is your mum going to say?” I said changing the topic.
 He just shook his head at me.

“Nick.” I said looking at his face and bringing my hand to his cheek, he just closed his eyes, like he was taking it all in.

The tension was palpable, I wanted nothing more than for him to kiss me in that moment. I think he got the memo because he started leaning in and I swear my heart skipped a beat, when suddenly…

“WE ARE HOME!” Will’s mum was bellowing through the house. Nick jumped back about a metre 
and took a deep breath.

He mouthed to me, “I’m sorry,” and he walked out the back door. I assume he didn’t want Will’s parents to see his face.

“Hi Madeline, hi Tim.” I said to Wills parents.

“Hello beautiful girl.” Madeline answered.

“Tell me, how are you going?” She asked me and I knew I was in for a long conversation.

1 comment:

  1. Niiiickk... AGAIN?! Come ON! You had the perfect opportunity! ;)

    ReplyDelete