Sunday 19 October 2014

The Way We Were

*Sorry I accidentally put up the wrong post! Thanks to anonymous that let me know via the comments. :)


Billy picked me up at right on 5, he came to the door. Once again there was an awkward exchange with my brothers, fortunately my dad was still busy with the farm stuff.
Ed was coming to the party but not until later, I’m sure that James would probably come too. A lot of their friends happened to be back this weekend and they were all friends with Will at school, so most of them should be there tonight.

“Hey guys.” Billy said while kissing me on the cheek.

“Hi Billy.” Ed said, without much warmth in his voice.

“Ok well I’ll see you guys at Will’s then.” I said smiling at Ed.

“Yep you will.” He replied.

Billy and I drove in comfortable silence, he had his hand on my upper thigh. It felt nice.
Will decided to have the party in the backyard and try and keep people out of the house as much as possible. He has a pool house out the back, where people could use the bathroom. Wills house was beautiful.

“I’m excited for tonight.” Marie squealed.

“Me too!” I said as we cleared the backyard. Marie and I were trying to lift a heavy table out of the way, a table that would incidentally be perfect for beer pong.

“Hey, hey! I’ll help.” Nick called out, not wanting us to hurt ourselves.

“Yeah put it down.” Billy called out after him.

“We definitely could have moved it.” I said slightly out of breath.

“Sure, sure.” Nick smiled in my direction.

“Alright well seeing as we’ve rendered useless, we are going to go get ready.” I said skipping inside 
and dragging Marie with me.

“Don’t take too long.” Will called out, boys they have no idea what it takes to be a girl!


Marie and I were busy doing our makeup. I had gone for a gold dusting colour over my blue eyes and thick line of eyeliner on the top of my lid, I also went with a lot of mascara. My hair I choose to do loose girls, they showed off the blonde undertones of my hair.

Marie went with a dark smokey eye, which complimented her pale skin well. Marie’s short hair had grown a bit lately and she’d even cut a stylish fringe in.

I wore a white dress with capped sleeves and a big hole in the back and brown sandals. Marie wore a blue and white peplum dress and ballet flats. I’d say we looked pretty good. By the time we came downstairs the boys were already ready, all dressed up in nice shirts and jeans.

I heard Nick sigh loudly when Marie and I walked down the stairs, I don’t think he intended for anyone to hear him.

“You look beautiful.” Billy said smiling at me, I gave him a little kiss on the cheek.

Will gave a wolf whistle.

“People should be here any minute, what’s the time?” I asked at no-one in particular.

“It’s just after 9.” Will answered, I could tell he was getting the party nerves.

“Ok come on, let’s do a tequila shot. Loosen the group up a bit.” I smiled reaching for the bottle of 
tequila I bought with me.

“You’re definitely going to be trouble tonight.” Billy winked at me, before rubbing his hand over my hip and pulling me into him. I kissed him on the cheek before pouring a shot for everyone.

We all took a shot of tequila, which probably wasn’t the wisest choice.

Suddenly everyone started coming, we had the music pumping and we were all having fun.

There were probably close to 70 people there and most of them were dancing. My brothers both had shown up and they were having fun of their own, with some older girls who graduated late year.  

I was fairly drunk but Billy and I were being silly and getting along super well. We were laughing, 
dancing and having a few drinks then necessary.

“What about this one?” He said demonstrating how too effectively to do the lawn mower dance move.

I was laughing hysterically, “No, no this is a classic.” I said doing the sprinkler dance movie.

I saw Marie talking to some girls from our psychology class, Will and Nick were playing beer pong with the footy boys. Everyone was having distracted with fun of their own, I thought it was the perfect opportunity for Billy and I to have moment alone together.

He was smiling at me and I felt pretty happy for the first time in a while. It was just over a month since things between me and Nick became weird, it was slowly getting easier to pretend that it never happened. However every so often I would look it and miss him so much it physically hurt, and I get the feeling that he has those moments too. I think tonight at the party the pain may have got too much for him.

I dragged Billy upstairs with me, making sure no one saw us go into the house.

“Where are we going?” He asked following me without hesitation.

“We are just going upstairs to talk for a minute.” I said smiling.

“Is this a good idea?” He asked as I pulled him up the stairs and into the spare room.

I just smiled at him and I pulled him down on the bed with me and then the making out began.

3 comments:

  1. It's the same post as the previous one :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know, all fixed! :D

      Delete
  2. Thank you! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete