Thursday 9 October 2014

The Day After The Night Before



I drove to school alone, not wanting to see the other 3, although that didn’t last long, somehow we all arrived to school at the same time, I think that is proof enough I spend too much time with these people. I marched ahead of them to the lockers. As I was trying to remember what class I had first this morning, Billy came over.

“Hey.” He smiled.

“Hi, how are you?” I asked.

“Pretty good…Last night was interesting.” He smirked, I just nodded in response.

“So are we going out again soon?” I asked.

“I think so.” He said.

The bell rang dramatically in the background, and he gently kissed my lips before winking and 
walking down the hallway.

“I see you managed to salvage the night.” Nick said from behind me.

“Yes, we did.” I said shutting the locker and turning on my heels and walking to class.

“I’m sorry for last night.” He said managing to step in time with me, damn his long legs.

I exhaled loudly, “I just don’t understand why you care so much? It’s not fair I like Billy. He has been nothing but good to me and to you!” I said exasperated.

“It’s not about me.” He said steering me into the corner of the lockers, so we could talk more privately. “Billy is not good enough for you, I don’t care that we’ve known him forever. He is going to mess you around, that’s what Billy does.” He said forcefully.

“I don’t care Nick. Billy is fun, he seems to care about me and I like him. If he fucks me over that’s my PROBLEM.” I pushed passed him and went to homeroom. Avoiding the stares from my fellow classmates.
 __________________________________________________________________________________

Lunchtime went much the same way I scolded both Will and Marie individually. I ended up sitting with a girl named Elle, we used to be quiet close before everything with my mum went down. Elle was not one of the people that dropped me like dead weight, she and I just lost contact over the last year.

“Can I get a lift home?” Will smiled at me, looking coy.

“As long as you ride in the backseat.” I said with a wink.

Will chuckled and followed me to the car, we set in comfortable silence for a while.

“I am sorry for yesterday.” He said.

“I know.” I smiled at him. “What’s going on with Nick?” I asked.

“I don’t know Anna Banana. I think he is struggling a bit with you dating, I don’t think it matters that it is Billy he would have been funny if it was anyone.” Will explained.

“I told him how I felt like three weeks ago, I’m trying to move on. I can’t be the girl whose pines over a boy anymore, it was getting pathetic.” I explained.

“I know, I don’t even know if he has feelings for you, or if it’s because you guys have been friends for so long. Your relationship has never really been defined up until when you told him how you felt. I think his struggling with the prospect of you not being around him.”

“I get that will but I managed to keep me cool when he was sleeping with half the girls at our school and had girlfriends. I sucked it up and even though I did feel a weird possession thing I NEVER acted on it.” I fumed.

“I’m sorry Anna, I don’t know what to say.” Will said watching me from the passenger seat.

“Ah Will, why does everything have to be so complicated.” I mused.

He just chuckled, “I don’t know Anna, let’s go into the city this next weekend? We can stay in my parent’s apartment if you like.”

“Who all of us? Or just me and you?” I asked.

“All of us. Come on Anna Banana.” Will answered just as we were pulling up to his house.

“Ok.” I smiled, it could be fun actually.

“Great. Ok thanks for the lift I shall talk to you tomorrow.” He smiled his big goofy grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment