Tuesday 14 October 2014

Will You Be My Best Friend?



*Cant apologise enough for the lack of posts! It was my birthday over the weekend and I had lots of family come and visit! I tried to schedule them but it wouldn't work (I promise Ill learn)...I will make up for it, if I have any readers left??

It was Saturday morning - the Melbourne plan had fallen through for this weekend we were hoping to do something next weekend - Ed and I were watching cartoons that was our little tradition. 

Regardless of how hung-over, tired or cranky we are at each other at 9am every Saturday we wander down to the lounge room and watch our cartoons.

“How’s Lisa?” I asked my brother, Lisa was the girl he was seeing.

“Yeah she’s ok I guess. I don’t know. I’m kind of bored of her.”

“Nice Ed.” I smiled rolling my eyes.

“What’s going on with you?” He asked.

“Do you really want to know?” I asked burying my head in my hands, I really needed to vent about the last week.

“Yep, what’s going on Anna Banana? You haven’t been your normal annoying self for the last couple of weeks.” He smirked.

“Well I got drunk at Millie’s party…” I started.

“Millie as in Nick’s girlfriend.” He questioned.

“The very same, well they’ve broken up now. I got drunk and told Nick that I had feelings for him…” I said quietly.

My brother paused for way too long. It was clear he didn’t know what to say.

“Oh…so what did he say?” He asked, even though he already knew the answer.

“Have you seen Nick around here lately?” I asked. “I wish mum was here to talk to.” I sighed.

“Come here gorgeous girl.” He kissed my forehead.

 “So what’s with Billy then?” He asked, clearly trying to distract me.

“Well he asked me out and I said yes, his a fun guy.” I explained.

“I’m not dad, so I’m not going to tell you what to do, but I’ve heard things about Billy which don’t 
paint him in the best light.” He said.

“I know I’ve heard it all too, but his different around me. Thanks though Ed.” I smiled.

“Ok. Shut up now, I’m trying to catch my cartoons.” He winked in my direction.

Ed, James and I sat on the couch for ages just watching TV and playing the slap game, until my dad and George came in and demanded we help out with something in the farm. I managed to slink about half an hour into the packing of the wine. Dad paid people to do that shit and I was not one of those people.

I called Will, he and I ended up using his pool for a few hours. It’s been a long time since he and I had hung out just by ourselves, so it was a nice afternoon.

“So Will is there anyone on the scene romantically?” I asked him as I ate the pumpkin and feta pizza that his mum had made us, one of my favourite foods ever. We were still sitting by the pool but we had showed and gotten dressed and were wrapped up in blankets watching the stars.

“Anna, you know if there was anyone you would be the first to find out.” He said looking up to the stars.

“Will, you are one of the best people I know. I don’t think I ever really thanked you for sticking by 
me after my mum and then the whole hospital thing.” I said, I was a little embarrassed talking about the hospital thing still.

“You never have to thank me for that, I would do anything for you.” He said, in that minute I knew we would be friends for life.

“I didn’t treat you well, you know or those few months. I didn’t treat anyone well, but you and Nick bared the brunt of my permanent bad mood.” I said, only realising how true it was in the minute.

“Anna, no one expected you to act like sunshine and rainbows in those few months, you suffered an unimaginable loss.”

“I could have probably coped better.” I said, hindsight is 20/20 I suppose.

“No Anna you couldn’t have. You couldn’t cope and that’s why what happened, happened. It’s nothing to be ashamed of.” Will said honestly.

“I love you, you fool.” I said trying to lighten the mood, I said leaning over and giving him a quick kiss on the cheek, before we settled back down to watch the stars.

1 comment: