Wednesday 29 October 2014

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do



*very short post apologies

“You’re breaking up with me?” Billy asked outraged.

“Not technically breaking up, but I do think we should stop seeing each other.” I said, it was lunch time and were on the school oval having the talk.

“No. No. I thought we had a connection?” He asked still looking at me like I was deranged.

“I like you, but my friends are so important to me. I can’t lose them.”

“Well I don’t know if you remember, but one of your friends bashed me up.”

“Billy that issue is between you and Nick, I have apologised so many times for my part in it.” I tried to reason with him.

“Yeah you did, but you’re the one who attempted to have sex with me that night Anna, how can you just forget those feelings?” He said dramatically,

“I’m sorry if I led you on Billy, but trust me when I say this, we were not going to have sex the night of Will’s party.” I said as clearly as I could muster.

“Ok Anna, tell yourself what you want.” He said and then he got up and walked away.

“Billy!” I called out after him, he didn’t want a bar of it, he kept walking, while I just sat at the edge of the oval waiting for the bell to ring.


I ran into Marie, Will and Nick in the car park.

“What are we doing this weekend?” I asked.

“Something fun.” Marie answered helpfully.

“Melbourne?” Will asked.

All three of us answered in unison, “YES!”

“Ok great, well let’s leave tomorrow arvo? We have the afternoon off for the school clean up thing.” Will said.

“Excellent!” Nick smiled in my direction.

“I’m so excited!” I said jumping up and down.

“Slut.” I heard someone mutter behind me, it was no other then Millie.

“Excuse me?” I called out after her.

“Oh. Nothing.” She said with a fake smile on her face.

I looked at Nick, he had the same confused look on his face…

8 comments:

  1. hoping for a new post soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I only just saw this comment, new post as requested! :) I am sorry for my break!

      Delete
  2. ^same. Hope everything is fine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, sorry, sorry!! :) Please see my newest post! :)

      Delete
  3. Love this blog, even though it's about high schoolers :) you are a great writer! Very engaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have posted, I am so sorry for my absence! :)

      Delete